||WHAT DOES UNITY BANK DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?|
|Why?||Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.|
|What?||The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and assets and income
- Account balances and payment history
- Account Transactions and deposit history and parties to a transaction
|How?||All financial companies need to share customers' personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers' personal information; the reasons Unity Bank chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.|
|Reasons we can share your personal information
||Does Unity Bank Share?
||Can you limit this sharing?
|For our everyday business purposes
such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s),respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus
|For our marketing purposes
to offer our products and services to you
|For joint marketing with other financial companies
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes –
information about your transactions and experiences
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes –
information about your creditworthiness
|For affiliates' to market to you
|For nonaffiliates' to market to you
||We Don't Share
|To limit our sharing|
- Call 800.618.BANK – or menu will prompt you through your choice(s) or
- Visit us online: www.unitybank.com
If you are a new customer, we can begin sharing your information 30 days from the date we sent this notice. When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
However, you can contact us at any time to limit our sharing.
||Call 800.618.BANK or go to www.unitybank.com|
|Who we are
|Who is providing this notice?||Unity Bank and all of its subsidiaries and affiliates.|
|What we do
|How does Unity Bank protect my personal information?
||To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.|
|How does Unity Bank collect my personal information? ||We collect your personal information, for example, when you
We also collect your personal information from others, such as consumer reporting agencies, affiliates, or other companies
- open an account or deposit money
- pay your bills or apply for a loan
- use your ATM or debit card
|Why can't I limit all sharing? ||Federal law gives you the right to limit only
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing. See below for additional information.
- sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes—information about your creditworthiness
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
|What happens when I limit sharing for an account I hold jointly with someone else?||When you choose to limit sharing it applies to your information only unless you tell us otherwise. Any joint account holders must opt out separately. |
|Affiliates||Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- Our affiliates include Unity Bancorp Inc., Unity Investment Services Inc., and Unity Financial Services Inc.
|Nonaffiliates||Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- We do not sell, share, or provide personal information to non-affiliates such as retailers and advertisers.
|Joint marketing||A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- Our joint marketing partners include companies who provide marketing services on our behalf and other financial institutions.
|Other Important Information|
|Telephone Communications - if you communicate with us by telephone, we may monitor or record the call.|
EQUAL HOUSING LENDER
If you wish to opt-out of affiliates sharing, click here to submit request.
Unity Bancorp, Inc., Unity Bank (collectively, "Unity") regards the working relationship with customers, clients and other organizations as paramount and equally regards the integrity demonstrated by all directors, officers and employees as indispensable to that effective relationship. Therefore, it is the policy of Unity that all directors, officers and employees observe and comply with the following:
Conflicts of Interest
Code of Ethics
- No director, officer or employee shall directly or indirectly enter into or maintain a relationship with another business, financial concern or individual when such relationship is in conflict with or prejudicial to the interest of Unity or would appear to cause a conflict of interest. If doubt exists regarding restrictions, prior approval by the Board of Directors or employee's supervisor is required.
- No director, officer or employee shall be permitted to make or to influence any decisions, to negotiate or to influence any contracts or purchase orders, to undertake assignments or to evaluate such assignments on behalf of any business, financial concern or individual which is in conflict with or prejudicial to the interest of Unity or would appear to cause a conflict of interest.
- An officer or employee must notify their immediate supervisor and the Human Resources Manager regarding full time or part time employment outside Unity. No employee shall be engaged in outside employment where certain functions performed might interfere in any manner with the proper and effective performance of duties at Unity or appear to create a conflict of interest.
Compliance with Laws, Rules and Regulations
- No director, officer or employee shall engage in any activity and/or conduct on Unity property that is viewed as contrary to Unity's policy of ethical and proper behavior.
- No director, officer or employee shall subject or appear to subject Unity to public criticism or embarrassment.
- No director, officer or employee shall directly or indirectly avoid job responsibilities as related to cash and security accountability.
- No officer or supervisory employee shall avoid actions of disciplinary administration.
- A director, officer or employee witnessing or having knowledge of wrongdoing against Unity must divulge this information to the appropriate supervisor or member of management without fear of recourse.
- No director, officer or employee shall accept the tangible or intangible items of value, gratuities or special favors from any organization or individual, which participates or seeks to participate in company business. This is a total bar on soliciting or receiving anything of value as a quid pro quo or as a "gratuity" in connection with any transaction with Unity or its subsidiaries. This statutory prohibition does not include unsolicited advertising or promotional materials of nominal value. Acceptance of food, refreshments and accompanying entertainment on infrequent occasions in the ordinary course of a business meeting or inspection tour where the individual is properly in attendance at Unity's request is permissible. If any doubt exists as to the propriety of the acceptance of an item of value, the individual must have the prior approval of the President of Unity or the designee of Unity's President. Any violation of this policy will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Financial Statements and Other Records
- Each director, officer and employee must at all times comply in all material respects with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Each director, officer and employee must comply with applicable rules and regulations of all U.S. and non-U.S. governmental entities and other private and public regulatory agencies, including any exchanges on which Unity's securities may be listed.
- As a public company, it is of critical importance that Unity's filings with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") be accurate and timely. Depending on their position with Unity, an employee, officer or director may be called upon to provide necessary information to assure that Unity's public reports are complete, fair and understandable. Unity expects employees, officers and directors to take this responsibility very seriously and to provide prompt accurate answers to inquiries related to Unity's public disclosure requirements.
- All of Unity's books, records, accounts and financial statements must be maintained in reasonable detail, must appropriately reflect Unity's transactions and must conform both to applicable legal requirements and to Unity's system of internal controls. Unrecorded or "off the books" funds or assets should not be maintained unless permitted by applicable law or regulation.
Compliance with the Code
- Each director, officer and employee must maintain the confidentiality of all information entrusted to them by Unity or its customers that is treated by them as confidential, except when disclosure is authorized by Unity or legally mandated.
- Confidential information includes all information that may be of use to Unity's competitors, or that could be harmful to Unity or its customers, if disclosed.
Change in or Waiver of the Code
- Each director, officer and employee must report promptly any violations of this Code. Failure to report a violation can lead to disciplinary action against the person who failed to report the violation which may be as severe as the disciplinary action against the person who committed the violation.
- A possible violation of this Code by an employee other than a Unity officer should be reported to the supervisor of the employee who commits the violation. However, any employee may report any possible violation to legal counsel for Unity.
- A possible violation of this Code by a director or an officer of Unity should be reported to Unity's legal counsel. If an employee believes that in a particular situation it would not be appropriate to report a possible violation by a director or officer to such legal counsel, the employee may also report the possible violation to Unity's principal executive officer, to the Chairman of Unity's Audit Committee, or to any other officer or director of Unity to whom the employee believes it would be appropriate to report the possible violation.
- The identity of the person who reports a possible violation of this Code by another will be kept confidential, except to the extent the person who reports the possible violation consents to be identified or the identification of that person is required by law.
- Possible violations may be reported orally or in writing and may be reported anonymously.
- Unity will not allow retaliation for reports of possible violations made in good faith.
- Any waiver or amendment of any provision of this Code must be approved by Unity's Board of Directors.
- No waiver of any provision of this Code with regard to a director or officer will be effective until that waiver has been reported to the person responsible for the preparation and filing of Unity's reports on Form 8-K (or any successor to that form) in sufficient detail to enable that person to prepare a Report on Form 8-K containing any required disclosure with regard to the waiver. Unity will promptly disclose on Form 8-K, by means of the filing of such form and dissemination by the Internet or by other electronic means, any change in or waiver of the Code.
- Any waiver of provisions of this Code will be reported in filings with the SEC and otherwise reported to Unity's stockholders to the full extent required by the rules of the SEC and by any applicable rules of any securities exchange or securities quotation system on which Unity's securities are listed or quoted.
INTRODUCTION AND USER AGREEMENT
conditions for your use of this web site (the "Site"). The Site is owned and operated by
Unity Bank ("Unity Bank" or "We"). By using the Site, you agree to be bound by this Agreement.
If you do not agree to be legally bound by this Agreement, you should exit this Site immediately.
We reserve the right to amend this Agreement at any time and will notify you of any such
changes by posting the revised Agreement on the Site. You should check this Agreement periodically
for changes. All changes shall be effective upon posting. Your continued use of the Site after any
changed to this Agreement constitutes your agreement to be bound by any such changes. This Agreement
was last updated on July, 2004. Unity Bank may terminate, suspend, change, or restrict access to all or
any part of this Site without notice or liability.
RESTRICTIONS ON THE USE OF SITE CONTENT
This Site contains text, data, photos, images and product and other information (collectively, "Content")
that is proprietary to Unity Bank or its Content providers. You acknowledge that this Content is protected by copyrights,
trademarks, trade secrets, patents, or other proprietary rights, and that these rights are valid and protected in all
forms, media, and technologies existing now and hereinafter developed. You also acknowledge that the Content is and
shall remain the property of Unity Bank or its Content providers (each a "Contributor") who have been involved in the
preparation or publication of the Content. You may not modify, transmit, participate in the sale or transfer of,
or create derivative works based on any Content, in whole or in part. Subject to your full compliance with this Agreement,
You may print copies of the Content, provided that these copies are made only for personal, non-commercial use and that you
maintain any notices contained in the Content, or maintained by the Contributor, such as all copyright notices, trademark
legends, or other proprietary rights notices. You shall not store electronically any significant portion of any Content.
Unity Bank authorizes you to view and use the Content on this Site solely for your personal, noncommercial use. The use of the
Content on any other Site, including by linking or framing, or in any networked computer environment for any purpose is
prohibited without Unity Bank's prior written approval.
Unity Bank (including the Unity Bank logo), are trademarks or service marks of Unity Bank. Other company, product,
and service names and logos used and displayed on this Site may be trademarks or service marks owned by Unity Bank or others.
Nothing on this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, or otherwise, any license or right to use any of the
Unity Bank Trademarks displayed on this Site. We prohibit use of any of the Unity Bank Trademark as part of
a link to or from any site unless establishment of such a link is approved in advance by us in writing.
If you believe, in good faith, that any materials on the Site infringe your copyrights, notifications of
claimed copyright infringement should be sent, in accordance with Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2)
(under the "Digital Millennium Copyright Act") to Unity Bank's designated agent. Notification should include:
an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright
interest; a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; a description of where the
material you claim is infringing is located on the Site; a statement by you that you have a good faith belief
that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and a statement by you,
made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright
owner or duly authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
NONE OF Unity Bank, ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, PROVIDERS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSORS,
AGENTS OR INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS (COLLECTIVELY THE "Unity Bank PARTIES") GUARANTEES THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS
OF ANY OF THE CONTENT. THIS SITE AND ALL OF THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE", WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY,
EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE,
NON-INFRINGEMENT OR TITLE. ADDITIONALLY, THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES AS TO THE RESULTS OF YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT.
THE Unity Bank PARTIES DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE Unity Bank PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL,
CONSEQUENTIAL PUNITIVE OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
OF ANY KIND WHETHER IN AN ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE CONTENT,
THE SITE OR ANY THIRD PARTY SITE TO WHICH THIS SITE IS LINKED. Unity Bank IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL
CONDUCT OF ANY USER. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THIS SITE IS TO STOP USING THE SITE. IF THE FOREGOING
LIMITATION IS FOUND TO BE INVALID, YOU AGREE THAT THE Unity Bank PARTIES' TOTAL LIABILITY FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR
CAUSES OF ACTION OF ANY KIND OR NATURE SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Unity Bank Parties from and against any and all claims, losses, expenses, or demands
or liabilities, including attorneys' fees and costs, incurred by the Unity Bank Parties in connection with any claim by a third party
(including any intellectual property claim) arising out of (i) your use of the Site in violation of this Agreement or in violation of any applicable law. You further agree that you will cooperate as
reasonably required in the defense of any such claims. The Unity Bank Parties reserve the right, at their own expense, to assume the exclusive
defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and you shall not in any event settle any such claim or
matter without the written consent of Unity Bank.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
This Site may contain links to web sites controlled, owned, and operated by third parties (the "Third Party Sites"). Unity Bank
cannot control and has no responsibility for the accuracy or availability of information provided on the Third Party Sites.
Links to Third Party Sites do not constitute an endorsement by Unity Bank of such sites or the content, products, advertising or other
materials presented on such sites, but are for your convenience and you access them at your own risk. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE
CONTENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY WEB SITES, NOR DO WE MAKE ANY WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE CONTENT
(OR THE ACCURACY OF SUCH CONTENT) ON ANY THIRD PARTY WEB SITES, AND Unity Bank SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER IN RELATION
TO ANY OF THE FOREGOING.
DEALINGS WITH ADVERTISERS
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers or other third parties found
on or through the Site, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions,
warranties or representations associated with such dealings are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that
we are not responsible nor shall we be liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of any such dealings
or as the result of the presence of such advertiser on the Site.
USE OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
Unity Bank's practices and policies with respect to the collection and use of personally identifiable
You agree to use the Content and Site only for lawful purposes. You are prohibited from any use of the Content or
Site that would constitute an illegal offense, give rise to liability or otherwise violate any applicable local,
state, national or international law or regulation.
USER MUST COMPLY WITH APPLICABLE LAWS
This Site is based in New Jersey, United States. Unity Bank makes no claims concerning whether the Content may be
downloaded or are appropriate for use outside of the United States. If you access this Site from outside of
the United States, you are solely responsible for ensuring compliance with the laws of your specific jurisdiction.
COMPLIANCE WITH EXPORT LAWS
The United States controls the export of products and information. You expressly agree to comply with such restrictions
and not to export or re-export any of the Content to countries or persons prohibited under the export control laws. By
downloading the Content, you are expressly agreeing that you are not in a country where such export is prohibited or are
a person or entity for which such export is prohibited. You are solely responsible for compliance with the laws of your
specific jurisdiction regarding the import, export, or re-export of the Content.
Failure by Unity Bank to enforce any provision(s) of this Agreement shall not be as a waiver thereof. This Agreement and all
other aspects of your use of the Site shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of
New Jersey, without regard to its conflict of laws rules. All claims and disputes arising out of this Agreement or your
use of the Site, other than actions for specific performance or injunctive relief brought by Unity Bank, shall be exclusively
brought in the federal, state, or local courts located in New Jersey, and, with regard to such claims and disputes, you
hereby irrevocably (i) submit to the exercise of personal jurisdiction over you by those courts and (ii) waive any
jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts. Any cause of action you may have with respect to
the Content, Site or this Agreement must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arose, or be
barred. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall be
enforced to the fullest extent possible, and the remaining provisions of the Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
You many not assign this Agreement, by operation of law or otherwise, without Unity Bank's prior written consent. Subject to that restriction,
this Agreement will be binding on, inure to the benefit of, and be enforceable against the parties and their respective successors
and assigns. Neither the course of conduct between parties nor trade practice shall act to modify any provision of the Agreement.
All rights not expressly granted herein are hereby reserved.
If you have questions regarding the Agreement or the practices of Unity Bank, please contact us by phone at
800.618.BANK(2265) or by
regular mail at Unity Bank, 64 Old Highway 22, Clinton, New Jersey 08809.